Starting another build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't wait to see the aquarium on there.

Me too but that will be a few more days. The stand will have to be moved out of the way to be able to get the pool table down the hallway. The pool table is HEAVY so I'm not looking forward to that task one bit!!!!

Me too but that will be a few more days. The stand will have to be moved out of the way to be able to get the pool table down the hallway. The pool table is HEAVY so I'm not looking forward to that task one bit!!!!

I moved mine last year to install a new hardwood floor and it sucked bad, even with 6 guys!

The stand looks good. Did he decide on the final stock?

Yeah this table is close to 2000lbs and it took 6 of us to get it into the storage unit. Can't wait to try and walk it up the steps to the porch.

Final stock will be:
6 angels
5-7 Cory cats
2 blue eyed bn pleco
4 apistogramma hongsloi
15 neon tetra

Pretty much a cookie cutter list. The old man has been out of the hobby for many years so he's stuck in the old school. He wanted discus, but I wasn't gonna let him go that route since I know he won't be able to handle the upkeep needed to keep them healthy.

Nothing wrong with angels, not my cup of tea but I still can appreciate them. I would kick up that cory count higher if I was stocking it, somewhere around 15-17 would be a riot. I honestly miss having those little guys around, they were always such spazes.

Nothing wrong with angels, not my cup of tea but I still can appreciate them. I would kick up that cory count higher if I was stocking it, somewhere around 15-17 would be a riot. I honestly miss having those little guys around, they were always such spazes.

Really....that many? Cool! I'm sure he would love that. I have no experience with them, but I do know they are best in groups so he'll be excited to know he can have that many.

Really....that many? Cool! I'm sure he would love that. I have no experience with them, but I do know they are best in groups so he'll be excited to know he can have that many.

That's a pretty good sized foot print so having a nice shoal of 15 would be awesome. They do prefer a seasoned aquarium at least in my experience so I would wait a few months before adding them, others may have had different results.

That's a pretty good sized foot print so having a nice shoal of 15 would be awesome. They do prefer a seasoned aquarium at least in my experience so I would wait a few months before adding them, others may have had different results.

I'll keep that in mind. I have driftwood, filters and substrate from established tank to do a quick cycle.

As nice as a large shoal of neons and cardinals look with angels and discus. They always end up being a treat for them eventually overtime. Of course others may have better luck or fish management skills. And full size ones are hard to come by. +1 on the Cory's ....

As nice as a large shoal of neons and cardinals look with angels and discus. They always end up being a treat for them eventually overtime. Of course others may have better luck or fish management skills

I don't care how skillful you are what happens in that glass box is all about them, I agree with the neons. I would recommend a nice school of Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, this will give lots of color, red eyes, and are robust enough not to get eaten.

Yeah.....thought my 125g geo tank would be a safe place for a school of 25 Paracheirodon innesi but after 4 days I was down to 7. I called a guy from my club to come pick the rest up and when he got there to pick them up there were 4.

Back
Top Bottom