still pondering dwarf cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wrestling with this dwarf cichlid thing. I've got angels and Bolivian rams in one tank and an angel and curviceps cichlids in the other.

If I got a pair of apistos and a male krib, which 29 gallon tank would suit which species better? See my profile for the tank specs.

I'm more worried about the tank with the rams since they get into it a little from time to time. The curviceps are much more peaceful. I think I've got 2 of the same gender of each.

I may get nothing as my tanks are already overstocked.

dax.. I think your sig. will need to be a line shorter pretty soon..
good luck with getting any more fish in those tanks.. Id say your first one looks less overstocked to me.. Im not sure how big all of your fish get though.. :mrgreen:

I'm at 49 inches in the black tank (1.7"/gallon) and 46 inches in the oak tank (1.6" /gallon). These are based on the adult sizes. I think with the "excessive filtration" I'll be okay. I'll just have to keep an eye on them though. I really think I may not try to cram anything else in either one. The biggest fish I have is the angelfish and they are full grown already. I've not noticed any problems with how the fish act.

Dax

Excessive filtration doesn't solve the problem of an over-crowded tank. Overcrowding leads to stress and aggression...which typically mean fish start to die off. Be on the lookout as the fish mature, and respond accordingly with a new tank, or selling/trading fish to make room.

I'll keep an eye on them. I'd love to get a 75 gallon but I know it probably won't happen. I already know which fish I'm going to get rid of if/when I start to see problems. I don't notice any behavioral problems yet. I'm gonna watch and wait. And I'm not going to get any more fish any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom