Stock Up Cichlid Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cookie Cutter - 75-gallons

Here is a link that is perfect for matching cichlids and how many. Caveat is that you may have to change up some fish until you get a good mix. Too many males will fight. Sexing is tougher on mbunas. Be forewarned that they breed worse than rabbits and you will get MTS (multiple tank syndrome). A 60 gallon will require over filtering and weekly 20-30 percent water changes. Another alternative would be south american dwarf cichlids.

Good luck.

No you couldn't I'd it if you tried that much is true maybe get close but hybrids are unpredictable in just about every category you can think of

No I'm not saying that most are not able to identify l of the hybrids can't be identified but I'm saying not all assorted are hybrids well at least not at my lfs

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I don't think assorted means hybrid either we were saying some are hybrids and it's impossible to tell which are sometimes

mixed cichlid tanks are generally where a LFS buys a mixed species from a wholesaler which gives him a better price and variety. These tanks are also where hobbiest trade in fish are placed and this is where the risk of hybrids occurs. A Hobbiest sees a female holding and presumes it was from the male. It in turns was a domiant other species male that bred and causes hybridization.

Have a nice weekend.

Back
Top Bottom