Stocking ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you were to return the peacocks you could do red zebras,yellow labs,Albino zebras are cool too,cobalt blue zebras.Be careful with the kenyi they can be very aggressive.
I wouldn't do any more than 4 different species in a 55.Why not try 5 of each species.1m to 4f of red zebras,cobalt blue zebras,Albino zebras and yellow labs.That woul be an amazing array of colour and IMO perfect stocking for your tank.

Well ok yellow labs, red and blue zebras, maybe acei and umm like a blue dolphin maybe ?? But this is only a list if I dont want blah looking females of peacocks right ??

Italy592 said:
Well ok yellow labs, red and blue zebras, maybe acei and umm like a blue dolphin maybe ?? But this is only a list if I dont want blah looking females of peacocks right ??

Forget the blue dolphins as they get between 8 and 10" and IMO are too big for a 55.The acei need a lot of swim space many on here will tell you they need a 6 foot tank.i personally wouldn't mix peacocks and mbuna and that is from personal experience.
If you want colour in the males and the females go for mbuna as they are both very colourful.

Ok than ill keep that in mind idk it's a decision between mbunas or all peacocks this sucks haha

Like I Said before mbuna would be some yellow labs, some blue and red zebras what other mbunas would you suggest

i still say try kenyi .. my male is a jerk but i have 2 females who are very chill

this is where i differ from the more knowledgable people though .. where they say acei NEED a 6 foot tank, i dont see a problem w/ housing a few in a 4 footer .. BUT AGAIN these folks def know more lol

a good site i use to ID fish & pick out what ones i want is LiveFishDirect.com .. i've bought from them too & they're great but just check out what they have for mbunas .. might give you a good idea as to what you'll dig, color wise

Well ok ill consider the kenyi just to see but ill am going to look up the other one you said Garfy and ill make my decisions but thank you guys for you help really appreciated !!! ill keep you guys updated ok!!

i cleaned it out so you can finish sending me the message now

When I first got into cichlids I had 2 spotted puffers in the tank which were going to be rehomed the next day. They didnt stay in the tank for more than 15 mins since they killed one peacock and were nipping everyone else's fins.

Italy592 said:
Yeah puffers are not the right choice I know

Hey italy... I don't think you should put puffers in you tank. Lol jk.

I do like the stock you have chosen though.

That was pretty funny hahaha I know every one is trying to help I do haha but when u get 30 different ppl saying no I get the message haga u know what I mean ha

Back
Top Bottom