Stocking 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so how about this for a stock list
-Festae
-pair of Green terrors
-school of 10+ silverdollars
-and one fish off this list,
Vieja Synsplilum
Parachromis Freidrichsthalli
Parachromis Managuense

hongi the males are a dark blue with yellow fins and eye brow and the females go almost white with blue stripes and a yellow fins and brow

lamby said:
hongi the males are a dark blue with yellow fins and eye brow and the females go almost white with blue stripes and a yellow fins and brow

This is centered around a festae so all the inhabitants suitable for this tank would make a snack of a full grown adult hongi along with the rest of its colony lmao

Edit* not to mention completely different continent

get amphilophus citrinellum or labiatus or sagittae or hogaboomorum instead of the green terrors.

Zactheninja said:
A big giant goruami.

And i like that stock list.

The fish you mentioned wouldnt last a day.. I don't mean to sound rude but if your not gonna legitimately help out there's no need to comment lol

rocksor said:
get amphilophus citrinellum or labiatus or sagittae or hogaboomorum instead of the green terrors.

Maybe the hogaboomorum but it looks very similar to my festae so I wonder if there would be some issues there.

The fish you mentioned wouldnt last a day.. I don't mean to sound rude but if your not gonna legitimately help out there's no need to comment lol

I second that.So far your suggestions are either uneducated or just there for a reaction.This is a serious post please treat it as one.

Would you consider getting a pair of festae, rather than trying to mix different species? Could still be risky as there are no guarantees of pairing. Just a thought

Horsegirlmaddy said:
Would you consider getting a pair of festae, rather than trying to mix different species? Could still be risky as there are no guarantees of pairing. Just a thought

Well I have a female and my buddies got 3 males so we are just gonna do divided tank introductions if we wanna breed but I'd rather have my female festae with one other large cichlid.

Ok so how about
Festae
Carpinti
Silverdollar school
And something I could put a pair of in?

what about an electric yellow Mine never have shown signs of agression but they do like to up root plantsalso what about a butterfly fish Im new to owning them but their top water dwellers. I had my rosy barbs in as food for my cichlid tank and the only 2 types of fish that left them be where my butterfly and yellows. just a thourght tho.

Do you guys know what a festae is? All these fish will be toast. I need a SA large cichlid (12"+), or something else large and highly aggressive from south america preferably near Ecuadorian waters.

Ok a jaguar cichlid if your tank is 220g you can house one easy as just a warning they eat any thing small and the fish your talking about iv only seen pics of but all the fish Iv mentioned do all grow large so you want a fish thats agressive but not to agressive ghost knife they grow huge aswell and can stand their ground their been spotted at lenghts on 1m+

rocksor said:

+1 to hoagaboom's... One of my fav Amph's.

That aside, if you are going to do a second breeding pair, make sure it's something that can hold its own and split the tank down the middle. If one pair thinks they can take over the tank... They will not only try, but more then likely will.

Would make other tankmates of any kind almost impossible. Breeding Festaes / any amph / parachromis, yeah... Doubt other tankmates can cohab.

If it were me personally... I'd build around the main breeding pair, with bichirs, SD, barbs, basically any non cichlid that wouldn't be seen as a threat.

Oh my bad, I didn't read the whole thread before I wanted to chime in haha... "what a rookie 0.o"

Just the female, will work with other cichlids... Provided they don't pair up. I'd go with a equally as nasty RTM male. He won't take no back talk from any female.

Any of the barred Midas, Trimacs, Freddie's, RD, grammode(which take forever to grow out), jag, shoot anything but a umbee/dovii I think could work in a non breeding situation in a tank that size. Hell even a full grown pair of Sal's could back her down.

My vote, male RTM. Their such collectors of money from women. 0.o (you know...)

Oh my bad, I didn't read the whole thread before I wanted to chime in haha... "what a rookie 0.o"

Just the female, will work with other cichlids... Provided they don't pair up. I'd go with a equally as nasty RTM male. He won't take no back talk from any female.

Any of the barred Midas, Trimacs, Freddie's, RD, grammode(which take forever to grow out), jag, shoot anything but a umbee/dovii I think could work in a non breeding situation in a tank that size. Hell even a full grown pair of Sal's could back her down.

My vote, male RTM. Their such collectors of money from women. 0.o (you know...)

I really like the RTM, What do you guys think about a haitiensis? And what would be the best dither fish in your opinions? So far im going with silver dollars but im not really sure what my other options would really even be with two large highly aggressive cichlids.

Well pretty much anything I wanna keep is gonna have to be pretty feisty to hang with an adult festae lol. I might just go with a Freidrichstahlii,Dovii,Lyonsi, or Trinaculatas from Hukits suggestions. I've never stocked a tank like this considering how freakin big these guys will get lol

I never stated keeping dovii or umbee in community set up. Keeping multiple aggressive cihclid in a 96" tank certainly makes that task easier so I would have no issues trying to keep 2 pairs such as RTM's or lyonsi, that tank is going to be EXTREMELY boring keeping a pair of fish with some dithers. I would look into the recommdations I added in your other thread or start looking at the Paratheraps genus such as synspilum. I'd even go so far to add some of the smaller centrals as dithers such as fish in the crypotheros genus like panamensis or Amatitlania nigrofasciata.

A big giant goruami.

And i like that stock list.

This is not a bad choice so I would not be so rude to make some of the comments that were posted, Osphronemus goramy is a tank busting fish that will put a hurt on even some of the larger and more aggressive centrals.

I second that.So far your suggestions are either uneducated or just there for a reaction.This is a serious post please treat it as one.

So my advice is to research prior to dismissing someones opinion.

Back
Top Bottom