Stocking all male peacock tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zecolmeia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Heres what I got so far based off another members guidelines of different colors and 8 to 10. Plus 2 labs a pleco

Benga
German Red
Firefish
Lemon Jake
Midnight peacock
Blue neon
Flametail
Albino Eureka red

Any suggestions on a pleco or any other comments?

yes 40 gallon with a larger footprint than a typical. Not as deep.

Oh right do you not think that's a little to small for all those fish.

One of the admins on here suggested 8-10 peacocks 2 yellow labs and a pleco. So my answer to you is... I have no idea. This is my first tank going off of other peoples suggestions.

Oh ok lol it's only because I was always told a cichlid tank should be no smaller than 55 gallon unless its for dwarfs or shell dwellers I do love peacocks tho so good luck with your tank

daniel1987 said:
Oh ok lol it's only because I was always told a cichlid tank should be no smaller than 55 gallon unless its for dwarfs or shell dwellers I do love peacocks tho so good luck with your tank

A 40 breeder has the same footprint as a 55

I have a 40 breeder, with an aq50, and a fluval 305 canister.with 450 gph of filtration, i still need to do 30%+ wc's a week with only 5 africans and a bnp. You may have to do weekly 50% wc's to keep it clean.

I have a 40 breeder, with an aq50, and a fluval 305 canister.with 450 gph of filtration, i still need to do 30%+ wc's a week with only 5 africans and a bnp. You may have to do weekly 50% wc's to keep it clean.
IMO 50% weekly is normal maintaince for all my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom