Stocking for cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite honestly, i like keyholes and cupidos, they aren't the most colorful, but they're peaceful and beautiful I'm their own right. With keyholes, you could do 4, same with most of the suggestions listed earlier.

Freakgecko91 said:
Quite honestly, i like keyholes and cupidos, they aren't the most colorful, but they're peaceful and beautiful

I like your recommendations more everyday! Who says Biotodoma cupido aren't the most colorful?

When dealing with a smaller tank like that I would recommend some of the smaller genus such as Archocentrus Chetumalensis, Amatitlania Siquia, or my favorites ANYTHING in Cryptoheros.

Attachments

• image-3364458992.jpg
    image-3364458992.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I just picked up a cupido since I can't find a keyhole and I absolutely adore the little guy! Super full of personality and is already begging for food with the rest of the misfits after just a single day!

I've really been researching the more peaceful cichlids lately ;) I have a 75-90 gallon in pthe planning stage and want a couple uaru as the centerpiece. I've learned loads from you though HUKIT ;) I saw some cutteri at my LFS and fell in love with them, and all I could think is "HUKIT would be so proud!" haha

HUKIT said:
I like your recommendations more everyday! Who says Biotodoma cupido aren't the most colorful?

When dealing with a smaller tank like that I would recommend some of the smaller genus such as Archocentrus Chetumalensis, Amatitlania Siquia, or my favorites ANYTHING in Cryptoheros.

Wow once again HUKIT wows me with an amazing looking fish! I love it! How big do they get and how hard are they to find? What other fish do they go good with? How many can i keep in a 55 gallon?

That's a cupid cichlid (Biotodoma cupido), they aren't extremely hard to find here in michigan, but they aren't exactly common. They max out around 6 inches i'd say. They are great little cichlids :) If i wasn't maxed out for pictures on here, and motivated enough to fix that, i'd post some pics of my new guy. I'd say easily a pair for a 55, especially if you made them the centerpiece and stocked the tank around them

Alright ill definitly call! And what are good cichlids to keep with a community as a beautiful centerpiece?

Ok and follow up question. Can i keep like say a honduran and a nonoletus? Or maybe three different ones? And i love the look of the honduran and nanoletus the best but what can i keep with them?

Actually what if i did:
2(pair)- cryptoheros honduran
1- african featherfin (which i might be able to get rid of.)
1-delhezi bichir (always wanted one!)
5/6- rainbowfish?

Back
Top Bottom