stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I need a little stocking help I just added a 75g tank with a sump to my collection an it is fully fishless cycled. I was wondering if this would work?

1 jewel cichlid
1 dojo loach
1 ocillifer catfish(1")
6 austrailian rainbows
6 pearl danios
6 corys
And maybe my 6 golden wonder killifish
( above from my 55g community)
1-2 bichardi cichlids, 1 eartheater, 1 convict, 1 peacock cichlid or 1 Jack dempsy
And 1 blue gourami or 1 gold gourami

Boomer2244 said:
Hello I need a little stocking help I just added a 75g tank with a sump to my collection an it is fully fishless cycled. I was wondering if this would work?

1 jewel cichlid
1 dojo loach
1 ocillifer catfish(1")
6 austrailian rainbows
6 pearl danios
6 corys
( above from my 55g community)
1-2 bichardi cichlids, 1 eartheater, 1 convict, 1 peacock cichlid or 1 Jack dempsy
And 1 blue gourami or 1 gold gourami

So you're going to have to go with a tropical community, south/central American cichlid tank, lake Tanganyika or lake Malawi not combine them all into one tank.

Also Synodontis Ocellifer get way to big for a 75.

Since he's only 1" I'm gonna keep the ocillifer until he get too big the either take him back or donate him to the aquarium but I'm trying to do something outta the norm that's why I'm asking bout this stocking

What are the fish you currently have that you'd want to add? I completely understand wanting to do something that's not the norm but with a hobby this big chances are its been done before.

I would pick a type of tank you want and they get some rarer fish that would work in that set up making it a more unique set up.

1 jewel cichlid
1 dojo loach
1 ocillifer catfish(1")
6 austrailian rainbows
6 pearl danios
6 corys

The jewel cichlid, austrailian rainbows, cats, dojo and danios definite and maybe my killis( idnk about those yet)

That's what I wanna put in since my rainbows are 5" long and 2 1/2" high, dojo is 5" long, pearl danios are about 4", corys are 4 1/2" and the jewel is a juvi about 2"

Boomer2244 said:
1 jewel cichlid
1 dojo loach
1 ocillifer catfish(1")
6 austrailian rainbows
6 pearl danios
6 corys

Looks good add the killies, keep an eye on the jewel incase it gets to aggressive and I would just grow the oci to about 4-6" and then rehome it.

Sound like a good plan but I wanted to add something else like another cichlid or gourami do you think I could?

Boomer2244 said:
Sound like a good plan but I wanted to add something else like another cichlid or gourami do you think I could?

Gourami and killies won't get along all that well, I would stick with one cichlid unless you scrap the original stock plan and go with something more cichlid orientated.

So iyo there aren't any other cichlids other then maybe(strong maybe) dwarf cichlids?

Back
Top Bottom