Stocking idea for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeybabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, in the end i'd like to have 18 african cichlids from malawi...

does this sound ok?

6 yellow labs,
6 red zebras
6 kenyi (or johanni if the kenyi dont work)

thanks

its a standard 55g with lots of hiding places

:)

hmm

hmm, it doesnt appear they have any rustys on liveaquaria.com
can you suggest a third species to go with the labs and johanni? specifically one available on liveaquaria.com for a group of 6

so i'll have 6 labs, 6 johanni, and 6 of possibly what you suggest! thx, i need to order today :)

I'd keep the labs, johanni/maingano and add rusty's. Red zebras and yellow labs will hybridize fairly easily.

also, being new to the hobby, what is so bad about hybridization if i am not too concerned about breeding?

thx

could i add 6 bumblee instead of the red zebras? thx :)

the buffalo cichlid looks interesting too... how many of those could i add?

im actually leaning towards labs and Cobalt Blue Zebras... with one other selection... any idea ? :)

Bumblebee's are on the high side of aggression so be careful with these guys. I know your ordering fish online so why not skip all the common ones and purchase something somewhat rare.

i am willing to go with rare... can you point me to a good combination on liveaquaria? i have to go with them because i need the overnight shipping to have it on my door on tuesday since its my day off... 35 for overnight shipping isnt bad compared to some other places...

i have 12 yellow labs so far that im going to thin out and put in my 40 gallon

so i want to keep 6 of the yellow labs in the 55g and add 2 more species...
what do you recommend for rare and good looking ones? please point me to something cool and colorful on liveaquaria!! :)

BTW, their electric blues are on sale for 3.99... is that cool?

6 electric blues, 6 yellow labs.. and 6 of ____ ?

edit: nevermind they require a 70 gallon and seem aggressive.. :(

Back
Top Bottom