Stocking idea need feedback please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to get the tank today! So excited!! YAY! Sorry just had to share. No one in my house understands.

Thank you :) I got it home set it on it's stand and then looked at it compared to my 65gal. I think buddy that I bought it off of got the measurements wrong. So I broke out my tape measure, it's bigger than he said! It's 20"tall 19"wide 48"long I'm no good with math but it looks bigger volume wise than my other one? I do have my work cut out for me with this one though. It's 10 years old, needs to be resealed. He says and showed me (filled it up right there) it still holds water. But I figure if I'm going to do it from scratch might as well do it right? It has major hard water stains (nothing a razor blade can't handle) and needs a glass top. For $75.00 around here I couldn't of gotten a 30gal never mind this big beast of a tank. Lol!

It's 80g. Use bleach to disinfect and soften the hard water.

This is pretty much what I do:
http://www.petfish.net/articles/How_To/aquarium_cleaning.php

Make sure you prime the crap out of it when rinsing the ammonia out.

Resealing isn't too hard; if you don't have to take glass totally apart. If you do totally take it apart, make sure a friend helps.

All this makes quite a stink for a day or two so outside is preferable.

Well I'd say I lucked out with a bigger tank than I expected :) I spent some time today removing all the seams inside. The outside looks good, I'm thinking I'll leave those. Tomorrow I'll clean up the seams more (with alcohol) and redo the silicone. The link is great thank you. I didn't know that the bleach would help with hard water stains too. Once the silicone has set 72 hours I'll start the battle of the disinfecting process. Lol! I think this may be a long process. Thanks for hanging in there with me :)

Back
Top Bottom