Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big tex is there a chart like that for haps and peacocks??

My favorite fish are yellow labs, red zebra, and acei. Can I put them together? If yes how many if each and what other cichlids would work well with them!

That's a good mix, also yellow mbuna, there a couple shades darker than labs and have some darker yellow stripes, and also any cobue are good I have 2 yellow top afra cobue with mine and they're doing well.

I got to throw this fish out its called a kenyi males are goldfish yellow female are blue and albino fish like albino red zebra are good to and last one is a rusty cichlid greAt color to them

Is it okay to buy them this little? How fast do they grow?

Attachments

• image-1997661470.jpg
    image-1997661470.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 43
Is it okay to buy them this little? How fast do they grow?

I would say no, not that little, they're hard to sec and hard to tell what fry is what genus, wait till they're at least 2" long I got all my fish around tht size so they can grow up together and get along better, but it's all personally preference.

I would say no, not that little, they're hard to sec and hard to tell what fry is what genus, wait till they're at least 2" long I got all my fish around tht size so they can grow up together and get along better, but it's all personally preference.

It's your call. It's sometimes better the you get they start the better they have a chance to tolerate each other when older. Plus you can put a bunch in and thin your stock out as they grow if you'd like

That's a good mix, also yellow mbuna, there a couple shades darker than labs and have some darker yellow stripes, and also any cobue are good I have 2 yellow top afra cobue with mine and they're doing well.

Hmm what is the yellow mbuna you are referring to? Afra cobue are a type of dwarf mbuna. Nice fish

My favorite fish are yellow labs, red zebra, and acei. Can I put them together? If yes how many if each and what other cichlids would work well with them!

FYI acei and yellow labs are the 2 least aggressive mbuna I have had yet very entertaining nonetheless! Rustys aren't bad either although I have a feisty one. Also labidochromis chisumulae.

They can be mean sob's even the females! What do you have with them?

i have em with mbuna, and cobue, and a single bristlenose poleco

It's your call. It's sometimes better the you get they start the better they have a chance to tolerate each other when older. Plus you can put a bunch in and thin your stock out as they grow if you'd like

you can do that as well, but if you have a complicated scape like alot of rocks and plants, its a PITA to catch em once they hide in the rocks and not wreck that scape lol

Hmm what is the yellow mbuna you are referring to? Afra cobue are a type of dwarf mbuna. Nice fish

its a dwarf type they max out around 3"-4" ill try to get some pics of the quick little bastards, they really ad to my tank, i have yellow labs, the mbunas and red zebras so its a nice transition from yellow to orange plus i might get some strawberrys soon so ill have some red fish as well!

Back
Top Bottom