Stocking Research Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bschowa said:
you guys are awesome! thanks for all the help!!!

would a red jewel cichlid be an option for me?

It's possible but there a river cichlid that needs completely different water conditions then mbunas so it wouldn't be advised they r a beautiful fish though have a juvenile right now that I'm tryin to get rid of cuz of his temperament

Mrc8858 said:
It's possible but there a river cichlid that needs completely different water conditions then mbunas so it wouldn't be advised they r a beautiful fish though have a juvenile right now that I'm tryin to get rid of cuz of his temperament

I agree stick to the Mbuna.

alright! thanks!

i think this is the last question

i have decided to go

1 male 4 female Yellow lab
1 male 4 female Rusty
and then 10 Demansoni, should i go with 2 males or just one male to 9 females?

oh, and then i plan on getting them young should i go with the get double and see how they interact as they grow up and sell some back to get my final numbers when they are matured?

Bschowa said:
alright! thanks!

i think this is the last question

i have decided to go

1 male 4 female Yellow lab
1 male 4 female Rusty
and then 10 Demansoni, should i go with 2 males or just one male to 9 females?

oh, and then i plan on getting them young should i go with the get double and see how they interact as they grow up and sell some back to get my final numbers when they are matured?

If you can afford it would would get double your final amount of juvies so when they grow up you can sex them and sell back the extras.

2 male Demasoni should be fine.

so i was looking around on craigslist the other day and i have a guy that was looking to sell 2 male Pseudotropheus flavus. They are some awesome fish, and from the research i have done they are pretty hard to find. would these be able to live in a tank with Demansoni, Rusty, and yellow labs? they are 3 inches now, not sure if the ones in question are still available but i would love to be able to put them in.

Back
Top Bottom