Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nteal320

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought a 150 gallon long on Craigslist and I am planning on doing a mbuba tank. Need help stocking the tank. I understand the male to female ratio and slight overstocking for aggression just need advice on which fish to choose for a variety or color and compatibility. Thanks

Great article. Helped a lot! Thanks! Haven't seen that one before

How many synodontis should I have? I know they're better in groups. Should I add a pleco? Since mbunas will eat algae they should keep it pretty clean I'm assuming

garfy said:
In a 150 I would do 5 synodontis petricola or multipunctata.

I got zebra hybrid.. People think you shouldn't do hybrids, but they look pretty cool, & were the only ones readily available for me.. But I actually looked into S. Lucipinnis. I just did a ton of research.. If you can or would like.. search my thread "Synodontis" under Cichlid Forums.

Yea I was thinking about 5. I think hybrids are ok if there for your private tank. If you we're selling them as a non hybrid that's a different story. But I do agree they can look pretty good. Thanks for the advice everyone

Back
Top Bottom