Strange occurance with Kenyi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday my wife noticed that our blue kenyi, Kanye West, was "swimming weird" and called me over to the tank. Ever so often he would turn on his side about midway up and do what resembled a dance.

I was a bit concerned so I tested my water and everything looked good. Temp was at 79F.

Today he seems to be doing fine. He ate just as voraciously as ever. I haven't seen him do his "dance" since.

Anyone have any idea what may have caused this little episode? He's a juvenile at about 2 and half inches, if that matters.

I haven't seen him do it since then, so I'll assume everything is alright. Still curious if anyone knows what that behavior is indicative of. He was mid water swimming on his side, flopping about almost.

I assume it isn't his swim bladder as he's been doing just fine.

He would do it for like 5-10 seconds at a time and did it in intervals of about every minute for like half an hour.

Didn't think it was anything to do with mating cause he's quite small and the only mature one in the tank is the red zebra.

A seizure is a pretty accurate description of what it seems like he was doing.

He/She is no more than 2 to 2 and a half inches in length. Do they start mating that young?

Back
Top Bottom