Strawberry Peacock care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsoyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i have recently bought a pair of Strawberry Peacock cichlids.
It has been 4-5 days they look happy, they eat with good appetite and always swim all fins open. However i think the male is not showing its full color.
My water levels look good, 0 nitrates, 7.5 ph, 16gdh
I feed them several different types of food, granules(with color vitamins) hikari pellets, etc

I am looking if there is someone experienced can give me some more advice if i am missing anything
Here is a photo of it
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462201835.066829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No advices?

With only 4-5 days it may take longer for the guy to really feel at home feel comfortable. Also are there any other fish in the tank? Especially fish of similar color. They may be bullying the peacock since strawberries are pretty docile. do you have enough hiding for it to feel like it can escape if it needs to?

Hi, you are right , its getting better everyday, showing more colors.
There are other cichlids in tank , but its 90 gal, and have lots of hiding spaces.
Also, no same color exists, and it is currently acting as the dominant male in the tank.
I have put a background poster yesterday, and all fish started showing more shiny colors as well.
I will wait some days more now, be patient and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom