Stresscoat or Prime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crawdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have been wondering about the differences between stress coat and prime. Doing a little bit of research, people claim that they do not have to use nearly as much Prime as the do the Stress coat. I was looking for everybody else's opinion on this. It seems that I use a lot of the stress coat, and if the Prime is better and I don't have to use as much.....common sense says switch to Prime. What do y'all think?

Prime. Since I switched to prime, I've only used one bottle in maybe 3 months. When I used tetra I was using a Big bottle a month. I've never used stress coat but in comparison to tetra, prime takes the cake!

Seachem has an even more concentrated dry product called Safe.

If you are looking for economical water conditioning and not concerned about nitrogenous waste related issues you could just get some sodium thiosulfate crystals and make your own dechlor. $10 worth should last you the next decade.

jetajockey said:
Seachem has an even more concentrated dry product called Safe.

If you are looking for economical water conditioning and not concerned about nitrogenous waste related issues you could just get some sodium thiosulfate crystals and make your own dechlor. $10 worth should last you the next decade.

how do you use "sodium thiosulfate crystals"?

Back
Top Bottom