Suggested tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tippytrampoline said:
I would suggest starting a new thread for this so more experienced users can find you easier and give you their input. As for my opinion, what were the species of fish you most recently added? We're they also African cichlids?

I don't know the Latin word for the fish the guy I got them from said two are dragons blood, two blue ones with black stripes on them, two Melanochromis auratus. And a albino one that's real mean. There all African cichlids. I have sand stone kinda stacked up two fake plants and then a little stone house off to the side (I have pics on my profile). I just lost a nice fish last night cause one of my little ones beat it up. I've heard rearrange the tank often anything else ??

Rearranging is a good idea, also feeding your current fish just before introducing new additions helps. Keep the lights off. Maybe try a large floating breeding box? I might also suggest maybe removing everyone that's already in there temporarily, add the new additions first, then the previous occupants. This will disperse aggression throughout the colony, and won't center it on any single fish, giving the new additions a chance to adjust and stake out their own spot, as well as inject themselves into the new pecking order. This, I must inform you, is simply stud I've learned online, and personally don't have much experience with groups of cichlids, just one or two at a time. I tend to favor South Americans myself, because they're more suited to community settings. I hope someone with more experience reads this and adds their two cents!! :)

Back
Top Bottom