Suggestions on good tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 75 gal tank with a jack dempsy. I believe female, I'm looking to find a tank mate for her. She isn't very active during the day unless she is eating so I'd like to add a little life to the tank. I use to have a convict in with her and they were ok for a while. I actually got them both together and the convict only had one fin when I bought him. And eventually died. After him I have had try me keeping fish in the tank. Is there any hope I can add a little activity and life to the tank???

So I have a 75 gal tank with a jack dempsy. I believe female, I'm looking to find a tank mate for her. She isn't very active during the day unless she is eating so I'd like to add a little life to the tank. I use to have a convict in with her and they were ok for a while. I actually got them both together and the convict only had one fin when I bought him. And eventually died. After him I have had try me keeping fish in the tank. Is there any hope I can add a little activity and life to the tank???

Don't know if you'd be interested in breeding but you could always try getting a male JD... or a Salvini, Green Terror, Severum, or Convict could work too. I would either add some male Jack dempseys or if u don't want your JD to breed, add at least 2 other fish so the aggression can be spread out a little bit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not positive it's a female I just think based on what I have read and her markings around her lips. I did at one point try a green terror. It was a little smaller but barely and they seemed to get along great. I reorganized the tank before I introduced him and everything seemed fine. A month later I came home and he was dead. Never saw them fight though that doesn't mean they didnt and the tank water was fine I checked it. I don't want to out another fish in to only be eaten by my JD and I don't want my JD to get hurt either it's tough! I have had her for three years now.

Back
Top Bottom