Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Suggestions on good tank mates

So I have a 75 gal tank with a jack dempsy. I believe female, I'm looking to find a tank mate for her. She isn't very active during the day unless she is eating so I'd like to add a little life to the tank. I use to have a convict in with her and they were ok for a while. I actually got them both together and the convict only had one fin when I bought him. And eventually died. After him I have had try me keeping fish in the tank. Is there any hope I can add a little activity and life to the tank???

Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Km84 View Post
So I have a 75 gal tank with a jack dempsy. I believe female, I'm looking to find a tank mate for her. She isn't very active during the day unless she is eating so I'd like to add a little life to the tank. I use to have a convict in with her and they were ok for a while. I actually got them both together and the convict only had one fin when I bought him. And eventually died. After him I have had try me keeping fish in the tank. Is there any hope I can add a little activity and life to the tank???
Don't know if you'd be interested in breeding but you could always try getting a male JD... or a Salvini, Green Terror, Severum, or Convict could work too. I would either add some male Jack dempseys or if u don't want your JD to breed, add at least 2 other fish so the aggression can be spread out a little bit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm not positive it's a female I just think based on what I have read and her markings around her lips. I did at one point try a green terror. It was a little smaller but barely and they seemed to get along great. I reorganized the tank before I introduced him and everything seemed fine. A month later I came home and he was dead. Never saw them fight though that doesn't mean they didnt and the tank water was fine I checked it. I don't want to out another fish in to only be eaten by my JD and I don't want my JD to get hurt either it's tough! I have had her for three years now.

Tags
ate, mate, suggestions, tan, tank, tank mates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com