Suggestions on New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to add a tank to my bedroom. I would like it to be strictly cichlids but only have a 30-50 gal tank in there. Taller than wide. I have attached a picture of something similar I'm looking at.

I know Mbuna stay relatively small. Any other options that are colorful and will work? How many?Would a bristlenose work as well?

Also decor suggestions would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0174.JPG

Quite a few views but no suggestions?

The kiddos and wife took over my first tank! Haha

Not at the moment. This is just something I'm looking into unless you may have a different suggestion. I'm open for any feedback to make sure everything is done right.

I'm looking for something to go in the corner of my bedroom. If anybody has something better in mind please let me know.

Keep in mind it's currently 2am eastern time.

Tall tanks can be hard to work with. If you've got the flow, consider a Biorb, Biube, or Fluval Spec or Edge. Very compact and very, very pretty.

Thank you! Here in Arizona we don't understand time change! Hahahaha. Since we never change but I understand gotta be patient.

OP wanted cichlids. I would recommend a standard vs column or nano. Always best go as big as you can.

I agree with flchamp. Vertical tanks don't have a lot of swimming room which most cichlids prefer. If you don't want a standard tank, consider a larger bow-front. I believe they come in 36g, 46ga, and 60g. I probably wouldn't try to do Africans in anything less than a 46g though.

Thanks for the advice. 60 would be nice but maybe a little big for the bedroom. If all else fails I will get a 125 or bigger for the entry way/kitchen to make my cichlid tank.

An internal filter could work, LED lights could make the tank more pretty and dwarf puffers would fit nicely in the tank.

I agree with flchamp. Vertical tanks don't have a lot of swimming room which most cichlids prefer. If you don't want a standard tank, consider a larger bow-front. I believe they come in 36g, 46ga, and 60g. I probably wouldn't try to do Africans in anything less than a 46g though.
They tend to grow big bigger the tank the better with the sump and UV light

Hello everyone.

I'm looking to add a tank to my bedroom. I would like it to be strictly cichlids but only have a 30-50 gal tank in there. Taller than wide. I have attached a picture of something similar I'm looking at.

I know Mbuna stay relatively small. Any other options that are colorful and will work? How many?Would a bristlenose work as well?

Also decor suggestions would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 296457
Try to buy some artificial decor which you may like

Back
Top Bottom