Sunken Belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicklet_lady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an African Cichlid tank with 2 fish that have sunken belly. Neither had it when I bought them. One is a blue dolphin and the other is a red dragon. They look normal, act normal and eat. However I think they are continuing to get more sunken. Today I'm thinking my red empress may look a bit sunken.

I feed them a variety of food but mainly NLS. Two weeks ago I treated the tank twice with General Cure (250 mg metronidazole and 75 mg praziquantel). Today I'm thinking of quarantine them but not sure what else to do. All other red dragons and variety of fish are fine so I don't think it's food or anything. Water levels great and I do regular changes.

My puffers had sunken bellies. I started treating them for internal parasites by using prazipro. I soaked my fish's food in prazipro so the med can go directly into their tummy. All food was soaked for 1 week. Keep in mind that some food is easier to soak than others.

1-2 weeks later my puff's tummy was round again. I'm pretty sure I didn't under feed before treatment and all their behaviors were normal.

Back
Top Bottom