Sunshine Peacock vs German Red Peacock??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karmachica

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I need some help once again :) I first joined AA for the purpose of finding out what kind of cichlids I had rescued from someone. I have 3 cichlids and they were all identified as sunshine peacocks- aulonocara baenschi - idk if I spelled that right- I have 1 male and 2 females.

I've now become quite obsessed with learning and researching about cichlids and while looking up a few things all if a sudden I came across... The German Red peacock. The male pictures of the German red look more like my male due to his "orange" color vs. yellow in the sunshine peacock. I didn't see any pictures for females though.

I read about the German Reds not being a hybrid and how they are just specifically bread with sunshine peacocks showing more reddish tones...
So now my question is- Are German Reds still technically Sunshine Peacocks?
Scientific different name/breed?
Help identify my male?
Are my females still aulonocara baenschi?
When the male and females breed- are the fry considered hybrids?

I know the benga peacocks are on the cares list which is another reason I'd like to know

Here are pics of my male

image-3455998.jpg

image-968711973.jpg

Here are my females

image-347668350.jpg

image-2220510027.jpg

Any replies on any of my questions would be super greatly appreciated! :)

Also, this is the profile pic I came across that made me question this in the first place

image-3616236477.jpg

And this is the profile info for what I still believe my females are

image-1167520643.jpg

I thought I'd add these 2 pics in quick so you can see what I've been going off of and maybe saves time for anyone who is willing to help me?

Back
Top Bottom