swimming up and down suffer y

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys.i have three african cichlids that continue to swim up an down the side of my tank.you think there could be some other tank mates causing then to do thus or what

My black banded leporinus does that too! I've heard that sometimes fish do that in a new tank.

My Betta does this, I once heard someone refer to it as "glass-surfing"

My African cichlids do it all the time. It's not a new tank either. I find it funny

HHa okay so it's nothing to be worried about then

I'm a novice so I can't say. It concerned me when I observed it but the fact my Betta has periods when he rests and isn't ALWAYS surfin the glass led me to believe it wasn't critical.

I have heard, don't quote me here, but that some distressed fish will look to "escape" by obsessively glass surfing. Any back up? If they are not seemingly under stress otherwise and act happy I wouldn't worry too much about them.

My africans do it sometimes. I beleive they may see their reflection in the glass and try to get at it.

It's treu they see the reflexion. And start playing with them self. Like they or saying I like you. My crew comes join him and befor I know it they going from top to bottem and from left to right. In a line. Awesome to see that and my peacock eel join them too. Lol

Back
Top Bottom