synodontis catfish & plecos with african cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rizzo said:
I have 2 common plecos and a syno in my 150g African cichlid tank all is well the syno is always scouring everything in tank nobody bothers them. Ph 8.4 cichlid sand substrate,fx5, aquatop cf500uv for filtration.
1ozzir YouTube.

I wanted a bristlenose but im leanin more towards synos now .. i think they will b similar to my otocinclus i have n 10g which im fixin to have to restock my betta is sick n nothing is helpin him i think he will go to the big aquarium n the sky today ... although i hope not .. the hubby already told ke if he passes today we could drive to town n pick something else to help my feelings.. i dont think i have ever cried this much over an animal. Which is sayin alot bc i luv animals more then people most days ..

I know how you feel when my big Zaire died I was heartbroken they really leave an impression on you. How is your betta doing so far?

2012-04-01 00.12.19-1.jpg

He died today the hubby actually buried him before i got home .. he actually made a grave for him n put him n his lil cup .. i was shocked .. well actually he surprised me again by takin me to town n we picked out a new fish n after sayin i didnt want another betta bc it wouldnt b the same i came home with a female betta the hubby dug all the way to the back of the bottom shelf n found .. shes cute

ForumRunner_20121026_232033.jpg

Not a great pic but thats her n jamies hands before we headed home.. shes smaller then my otos..lol

She is beautiful good choice enjoy. Im sorry to hear about your other betta. Check my vids on YouTube
Search 1ozzir

Ok so i havent been on here really at all lately..i have however decided i want to get 2 synodontis lucipinnis .. also Dean i changed my stock list as everything i wanted was out of stock everywhere most of the time. So i might b gettin a jalo reef after all :) i do know im gettin 3 vics for sure . I emailed daves rare cichlids yesterday for a calculation of all my fish n shippin charges.. i cant have an empty tank much longer its gettin on my nerves.. i even tried to grab some yellow labs from petsmart since our area has them on sale for $5 but they havent had any n stock n a month..but of course when i didnt want them thats all they had .. lol

I found a ebay seller of rare African cichlids and he has free shipping on some name
Exoticlivebearers

rizzo said:
I found a ebay seller of rare African cichlids and he has free shipping on some name
Exoticlivebearers

Yea ...I checked ebay out well its been awhile back now but when i did they ddnt have the ones i wanted..actually daves is the only place i have found that carries the fish i want.. all but 2 which im not gettin the snow white now ..

Thought i should update.. After talkin with Dave and orderin mh fish from his site Davesfish.com I ordered 2 synodontis lucipinnis for my tank .. they were tiny less then an inch long n i really thought they wouldnt survive the night bc i have a couple fish that could possibly eat them.. Well they have taken up part of the tank that is mostly left alone n they hide n the tiny crevices .. I was shocked to see them .. Glad they arent being messed with though I thought I saw my compressicep eyeballin them ..

Thought i should update.. After talkin with Dave and orderin mh fish from his site Davesfish.com I ordered 2 synodontis lucipinnis for my tank .. they were tiny less then an inch long n i really thought they wouldnt survive the night bc i have a couple fish that could possibly eat them.. Well they have taken up part of the tank that is mostly left alone n they hide n the tiny crevices .. I was shocked to see them .. Glad they arent being messed with though I thought I saw my compressicep eyeballin them ..

I have been ordering from this guy in ny named victor check his site I have got some awesome fish for good price and shipping. Www.newyorkexoticaquatics.com

I have been ordering from this guy in ny named victor check his site I have got some awesome fish for good price and shipping. Www.newyorkexoticaquatics.com

Thanks ill b sure to check it out.. my synos did survive n they r growing alot n come out n fight for food with my africans.. they r wonderful to watch wish i could have more n there

You dont have any YouTube vids of your tanks? If not make some theres a great African cichlid community that is on YouTube make a channel and sub to me 1ozzir people would love the vids i know I would.

Thatsmy latest vid i posted in thread of my fish order from victor in ny i got a albino eureka red a sunshine benga and a undu reef blue neon paid 90$ for them free shipping they would be 60$ a piece in Philadelphia!

Back
Top Bottom