Tahuantinsuyoa Macantzatza info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Borderlesscott

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I've recently been given an offer of a pair or single male Tahuantinsuyoa Macantzatza, the Inca Stone Fish.
I can't really find that much info on them, mainly adult size and temperament, if anyone knows about these any info would be great, all info I've found has not really been conclusive on size or temperament, I've also read they are suspected mouthbrooders - is this true?
Thanks!

I've already read that article, however I've found 2 more that all contradict each other in small ways, thanks anyway though. Going to see the parent fish soon, so ill get a good idea of what to expect.

Seen the parents today and bought 10 in for the shop, I ended up taking a Acarichthys heckelii instead for free which was sweet. Might still end up with one, look a bit like an Aequidens diadema with a longer face - Ill see how they settle and develop before taking one home.

Attachments

• image-3288346901.jpg
    image-3288346901.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2957768963.jpg
    image-2957768963.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3615347121.jpg
    image-3615347121.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 111
Yep, definetley not something to get excited about. Going to wait to see if they colour up, Jeff Rapps listed them as one of his favourite rare Cichlids - cant see why at moment.

Jeff Rapps listed them as one of his favourite rare Cichlids - cant see why at moment.

Wow with all the fish Jeff has access to I'm shocked this would make the list. I'd be curios to see if they get the common goldish bronze color, could you update this in the near future?

Back
Top Bottom