Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tang set up - what to stock??

Hi, I am setting up a tanganyikan tank. I have a UK 35g, 3' x 18" x 15". I am in the process of making my own 3d background. I am wanting to keep the tank environment as natural as possible as in the wild. I have looked in to the various variety of fish from Lake Tanganyika but I am still unsure as to what to put with what or I am now wondering whether a species tank would be possible? I would like anyone with experience of keeping tangs to point me in the right direction? If I could do a species tank what numbers could I keep??

I have attached a pic of my background so far, it is led down. It will be siliconed to the back of the tank.

What species of fish would benefit most out of a rocky environment. A few species I do like are :

Neolamprologus Meltisfasciatus
Julidochromis
Cypridchromis Leptosoma
Alto Compressiceps

however, I am aware that its not advisable to keep all of these together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	30489  

Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I would go for some Cyprichromis leptosoma to the top area some shell breader for the bottpm and if you have enough rocks you can a few Julidochromis / Neolamprologus, but as your tank is not too big you can’t have the big plant eaters or preditors.

Tags
set up, stock, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com