Tang set up - what to stock??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penfold77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am setting up a tanganyikan tank. I have a UK 35g, 3' x 18" x 15". I am in the process of making my own 3d background. I am wanting to keep the tank environment as natural as possible as in the wild. I have looked in to the various variety of fish from Lake Tanganyika but I am still unsure as to what to put with what or I am now wondering whether a species tank would be possible? I would like anyone with experience of keeping tangs to point me in the right direction? If I could do a species tank what numbers could I keep??

I have attached a pic of my background so far, it is led down. It will be siliconed to the back of the tank.

What species of fish would benefit most out of a rocky environment. A few species I do like are :

Neolamprologus Meltisfasciatus
Julidochromis
Cypridchromis Leptosoma
Alto Compressiceps

however, I am aware that its not advisable to keep all of these together.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 89
I would go for some Cyprichromis leptosoma to the top area some shell breader for the bottpm and if you have enough rocks you can a few Julidochromis / Neolamprologus, but as your tank is not too big you can’t have the big plant eaters or preditors.

Back
Top Bottom