Tanganyikans and Victorians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,

So i have about 30 fry of the Lake Victoria Mbipia cf. Lutea Crossbar Yala swamp. Im planning to sell all but 6, then get some other cichlids to try to breed. Would any Tanganyikans be compatible with these guys? Maybe some Compressiceps or julies? Or are these victorians just too aggressive?

Also, can you tell me some good fish that are compatible, good to breed, and that i can sell for a decent price?
Thanks!

Hi all,

So i have about 30 fry of the Lake Victoria Mbipia cf. Lutea Crossbar Yala swamp. Im planning to sell all but 6, then get some other cichlids to try to breed. Would any Tanganyikans be compatible with these guys? Maybe some Compressiceps or julies? Or are these victorians just too aggressive?

Also, can you tell me some good fish that are compatible, good to breed, and that i can sell for a decent price?
Thanks!

Compressiceps will be fine. Pretty much all tanganyikans would be good. I would say peacocks would also be compatible.

So they'll be able to hold their own? I have a 55 gallon, so how many compressiceps and julies should i have with my luteas?

So i couldn't do like a pair of compressiceps and then also a pair of julies? I know that with Malawi tanks you try to overstock, is that not so with Tanganyika tanks?

Comprisscieps require a lot of swimming space. You might get away with a pair. The six haps the only other tank mates right now?

Comprisscieps require a lot of swimming space. You might get away with a pair. The six haps the only other tank mates right now?

Well right now i have 29 in there, all about an inch long, but im planning to sell the majority as soon as possible and keep six.

K cool, and then i could probably get some compressiceps and julies?

Cool sounds good! So besides the aforementioned fish, do you have any others that would be fun to keep and that i could breed?

Also, do Tanganyikans eat the same food as Malawis or victorians? I feed my africans Dainichi cichlid food now, and i just want to know if i can feed the Tanganyikans that same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom