tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isiah1820

Aquarium Advice Freak
This may sound dumb but wen doing water change do u have to try to get every little piece of poo and ect u see??? I do about 75 b/c I'm over stocked

When I clean my 90 I do 50% and I have 16 mbuna and a common pleco.....I just try to hit everywhere with the vac but Im sure I miss spots....My nitrates are always VERYYY low!

isiah1820 said:
This may sound dumb but wen doing water change do u have to try to get every little piece of poo and ect u see??? I do about 75 b/c I'm over stocked

I wouldn't drive yourself that crazy to be totally honest.

I do 50% weekly's on my 75g and I'm overstocked as well. I just get what I can and that's it, other wise I'll go CRAZY lol.

As long as your water parameters are good and your doing your weekly water changes, if you happen to leave a few poop troops and debris behind you'll get them on the next mission

I try to blow it towards a filter witch helps. Great advise above^^ . " don't drive yourself crazy" even tho most of us do ;)

Last edited:
Yea I def dry my self crazy about it lol but thanks for the advice everyone

I think that's impossible to do. I do 50% and get as much out as I can during that 50%. No big deal if u don't.

Yea jus hate seeing all the floaties left over wen adding water back.

Back
Top Bottom