Tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys and gals, I bought a 55 gallon tank from somebody and got a really good deal! I only paid $25 for it..... However, because it was only $25 it was not the cleanest it could be! What is the best to use on water stains and just cleaning the tank in general?

White distilled vinegar. Doesn't get much better then that lol.

Agreed ^^^
You may need to use a towel soaked in it to lay on it then walk away for awhile if it's being tuff. Other than that a little elbow grease should hep

If this is a bare tank with no fish in it, you can use pure ammonia. It is the same thing that you would use for a fishless cycle. I found this out by accident when I overdosed a 33g that i was starting up. it cleans the glass amazingly with no work. I tried it again on another tank and with some minor scrubbing I was able to make a tank that was in awful shape look new. Rinse it well and the trace ammonia that is left, is part of the tank chemistry anyways. I also found that it was good for cleaning the gravel, especially if you are worried that there might be some nasties in it, if you bought it all used.

Back
Top Bottom