Tank cleaning is Zen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaponic cowboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm curious who else feels that cleaning the tank or tanks is "zen". I noticed making the tanks perfect and beautiful again doesn't feel like a chore.

Or do you frigging hate it...

:) I agree... I feel accomplished and when major water changes are done I feel such a sense of excitement and peace setting the fish free in their clean environment ..
Sometimes sit back and look at the tanks.... So bright and crispy clear after changes.

I never mind cleaning them as my weekly chore.... Ppl always compliment my tanks and fish when they come over. I tell them the house may be lived in but my tanks are always clean!!! Well with the help of my python!!!!

When I come home from work irritated, or am just irritated in general, I pull out my tank cleaning gear. It is my woosah moment. After trimming plants, cleaning the tank, re-arraigning or doing whatever needs to be done, I definiately feel better.

I feel the same way! I used to feel like it as a chore, but that was before I did all of my research and realized what an amazing and fun hobby this is. Cleaning the tank and aquascaping it is at the heart of this hobby; might as well enjoy it!

I also do not mind,in fact I look forward to the weekly ritual...sometimes my Africans seem to come over to inspect what it is that I'm up to.

I never mind cleaning them as my weekly chore.... Ppl always compliment my tanks and fish when they come over. I tell them the house may be lived in but my tanks are always clean!!! Well with the help of my python!!!!

exactly, most of the time its something I look forward to. I love it when friends ohh and ahh over my tanks cleanliness.

I look Forward to making my tanks clean.......most of the time. My mom actually gets mad sometimes when I clean it because she thinks I keep it too clean and it's gonna kill the fish. Lol

Don't take this the wrong way but, FREAKS!!! lol

Most people detest cleaning tanks! I however love it when people compliment me on my tanks. And the fish are so happy when I do pwc. My motto: happy fish = happy fish keeper!

Back
Top Bottom