Tank cycled and ready to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KateWantsAngels

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okie so my tank is finally all set up and the levels have been steady for about a week now. Am I ready for fish or wait a little longer?

Okie no problem. I did use filter media from another tank already set up. Idk if that makes a difference or not.

The bacteria only processes whats available so right now your biofilter is using the waste from 2 danios, then when adding new fish the biofilter will process again what waste is being added so slowly add fish then wait a week to add more. If you add to many at once you'll potentionally send the tank into a mii-cycle.

Got it....go slowly. Thank you for the advice it's going to be hard to go slow because I'm so excited but I guess this will teach me patience.

Okie I have two yellow labs in there and they seem to be doing fine and levels are still steady over the last two 1/2 days. I was talking to a friend about what else to get in the tank. While she is a good friend I'm not sure I trust her when it comes to stocking because she bases it off pretty colors. Can I get some opinions on this stocking arrangement. Thanks!

2 yellow labs
2 acei
2 bumblebees
2 demasoni

The size of tank would help just a little bit. The bumble bee gets really big so I'm thinking 90+ gallon tank, plus they are aggressive. Acei need a big tank aswell not because of size because of swimming patterns, they are mild aggressive. The yellow labs will be fine in a smaller tank with peaceful to mild aggressive Cichlids. The demasoni will be fine in a small tank but should be stocked with aggressive.

Okie. Would I run into problems with the demasoni and labs? I don't want to mess this up and would rather figure this out before buyin the fish

Back
Top Bottom