Tank information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G.man

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anybody out there know how to keep a aquarium clear,I have 2 ground feeders in a 10 gal. There both about 6 " each,would larger tank help. Please send me any ideas. Thank You

Anybody out there know how to keep a aquarium clear,I have 2 ground feeders in a 10 gal. There both about 6 " each,would larger tank help. Please send me any ideas. Thank You

Welcome to AA!

You'll get more responses by starting a new thread with your question. Posting a new, unrelated question in an existing thread is called threadjacking and is poor forum etiquette.

I have no idea what a ground feeder is, but one 6" fish shouldn't be kept in a 10g much less two. Rehome the fish or upgrade to a much larger tank. The cloudiness you're seeing is probably due to the fish swimming in high concentrations of their own waste.

I think "bottom feeder" is what was meant. A bottom feeder will kick up a lot of junk into the water. Especially at that size. Do you have any photos?

Edit: or do you mean "Earth eaters" .... Geophagus?

That was my confusion. Earth eater or bottom feeder. Either way, a 6" fish doesn't belong in a 10g.

Back
Top Bottom