Tank mate for Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pm64971

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anybody know what a good tankmate is for an aggresive angel? She's 3 1/2" long by 4" tall in a 10g tank.

She'll eventrually grow out of that tank, but danios and maybe some live bearers would work. Stay away from mollies though, I'm not 100% sure, but I think they can be fin-nippers and they need salt in teh water.

Thats a pretty big angelfish to have in a 10 gal tank. But anyways, how about some gouramis? Maybe some blue or gold gouramis? They're cool.. Or you could get some something cool like a pictus cat, bala sharks, iridescent sharks. They should all be good IME and opinion.

Black Skirt Tetras (black widows) seem to be good as well. They only nip at eachother for their pecking order and scoot away at the sight of my Angel. :D

:oops: I just realized you said your Angel is agressive... most are to some extent (especially in a 10 gal) but I've never had any problem with my dojo weather loach. He'll wiggle and (nonintentionally) brush up on the Angel. At first it was a bit unnerving for Angel, but now that they're used to sharing their space... Angel just moves or patiently waits for Joe to move on. :D

Back
Top Bottom