Tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBlackSloth

Aquarium Advice Regular
First post.
What I'm working with is a 55gal with 2 lace cats a pleco and electric blue crawfish. I'm planing on getting 6 juv. FireMouth Cichlids and letting a pair form. Now my question is what other cichlids if any can I put in there that are easy to breed also. And what would be some good dither fish since I hear they are shy. Thanks for any advice and help.
Also FYI
PH- 7.3
Temp- 80
Frequent water changes the filtration is 2 Aqua Clear 110s.

Any body wana help I'm working at the LFS and when I get off plan on getting the FM. Any other easy to breed cichlids and dither fish!?

Well, you could get some Synodontis petricola catfish as they are compatible.
I'm not into South American cichlids so that all I could suggest.

Yeah they are cool I have 2 in my 110. Also FireMouths are central American.

convicts breed easy and are good companions for firemouths. say goodbye to your crawfish though - sooner or later someone will kill and eat him.

as far as dither - australian rainbows are pretty good (get 6 or so) also hemigrammus caudovitattus (sp?) tetras do rather well, as do blind cave tetras. Just make sure they are larger than the mouths of your other fish and get 6 or so of them as well. I'd stick to one species of dither fish.

Back
Top Bottom