Tank mates for peacocks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sold a bunch of my non peacock cichlids today ( yellow labs, blue dolphins..) and am looking for a few additional tank mates for my peacocks on my 40 g breeder. I am looking for something that stays a bit smaller that perhaps I could have luck breeding as well. I was thinking some lelupi but would love to hear other suggestions as well.

If you are looking to breed them then I would recommend sticking to one type since the females all look identical. By sticking to the one type you will eliminate cross breeding which with peacocks you will really notice a color difference

I wouldn't recommend peacocks for a tank smaller than 4'. There may be a few species that stay smaller but in general they will get too big, IMO.

Most of the peacocks are juvies and I do plan to upgrade the tank in the near future when I move out. I am looking to add a few smaller non peacock fish that can get along well and breed without chance of hybridization. Do you guys think the lelupi will work and can you think of something along those same lines that will work

AquaticAl said:
Most of the peacocks are juvies and I do plan to upgrade the tank in the near future when I move out. I am looking to add a few smaller non peacock fish that can get along well and breed without chance of hybridization. Do you guys think the lelupi will work and can you think of something along those same lines that will work

I wouldn't add anything else to the tank just leave the peacocks. Lelupi are lake tang fish and mixing lakes normally not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom