Tank size vs. Fish growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh, that clears it up. I've actually got 1 Fuellborni I've tried adding to my tank two different times. He has gotten the he'll beaten out of him both times. I've been considering getting two more so that he can be introduced in a group rather than individually. However, that make for a bunch of fish in my 55. Not sure what route to take. I have him in a ten right now until I decide.

I have a 100gal mbuna tank that started with about 10 individuals, all of the same species. The population has fluctuated over the years, but I've had as many as 50 individuals ranging in size from adult to small fry.

When introducing new fish into an existing mbuna tank, it is always a good idea to introduce a group rather than an individual, and it is also always a good idea to redo your aquascape so that the old fish have to find and establish new territories along with the new fish. This will help reduce the aggression towards the new arrives, as all the fish are now on equal terms in regards to locating a territory.

Back
Top Bottom