Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tank update :'(

My mbuna tanks is no more.. Tested the water from my kitchen sink and use it all the time for my ten gallon to do water changes. The water comes out of the tap perfectly. We'll for my 30 gallon, a 25% water change would take me a very very long time to do using the kitchen sink. I figured the water from the tub would have the same parameters.. Turns out it didn't changed the water out and started noticing bad behavior from my fish.. Tried everything to save them but nothing did. Just ruined my tank and killed my fish. Though this was my first cichlid tank and they weren't any kind of rare or beautiful fish ( just some assorted from petco) I feel horrible and am very discouraged to try it again :/

Old 03-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Awe I'm sorry about your fish 😥 Don't be discouraged tho. Take it as a learning experience.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Don't worry, we all learn from mistakes and experiences. What are your parameters from your bathtub? You can also try looking into "Aqueon Water Changer" to attach to your kitchen sink, I currently use it for my mbuna tank and it works WONDERS. You should give it another try and this time you can really plan everything out

Also, I really doubt that your bathtub water can be that bad when it comes to the parameters, it's more likely that if your mbuna were of adult age, the tank was too small to house them since they're quite aggressive and usually needs a 55g tank or larger.
(Vid Coming Soon)
SonicsDC25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ate, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com