Tank Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AprilMartinez said:
Okay. Thanks again. Great advice. Man, what did I do before you guys? Lol.

Haha no problem glad we were of some help to ya! Andy's a good guy and a great friend. He's helped me a lot.

It's got three canister and came with these balls of substrate that looked like coco puffs. If only I'd had some milk, they'd been eaten. It also came with one blue pad for the bottom tray and a charcoal but the charcoal one I didn't add because it wasn't necessary according to the instructions. It is:

Product Description
The EHEIM Ecco canister filters offer three stages of long-term filtration (mechanical, chemical, and biological) in an easy-to-set-up package.

The EHEIM Ecco canister filters offer three stages of long-term filtration (mechanical, chemical, and biological) in an easy-to-set-up package. The multifunction handle, with worldwide patent-pending technology, is unique to the EHEIM Ecco filter. In addition to locking and unlocking the filter and use as a carrying handle, it functions as a priming device. After simply connecting the intake and output hoses, and arranging your media baskets, move the multifunction handle down to the start position. The water flow will begin. When the filter is full, just plug and play. The filter comes complete with media, fittings, and valves. The convenient interlocking media baskets allow for versatility in media setup while preventing water by-pass. With proper media setup, a long service life can be expected, on average 3-6 months between cleanings. The intake and output hose attachments are designed to swivel 360 degrees to ensure kink-free hose connections. A silicone-based integrated o-ring ensures leak-free secure operation. With a new handy impeller cover, annual impeller maintenance could not be easier.

As with all EHEIM canister filters, the Ecco impeller drive is outfitted with ceramic shaft and carbon bearing to ensure silent operation. EHEIM hermetically sealed motor technology guarantees efficient low-energy consumption and safe operation with a long-life expectancy. For fresh and saltwater aquariums. Made in Germany.

Filter Tank Size Gallons
Per Hour
2232 up to 35 gallons 127
2234 up to 60 gallons 145
2236 up to 80 gallons 185

And I have the 2234

Ok easy enough. Use the bio rings as long as they aren't those plastic ones. IMHO the plastic ones are garbage and are a NitrAte breeding ground if not cleaned. Get those ceramic ones. If you already have them then skip this part lol

The other chambers just add those pads. Don't pack them in tight. You want to allow for good flow. So just lay some of those pads they came with. Every now and then when performing a water change empty the canister and clean with old tank water. And put them back :)

When they are falling apart in your hands then replace and but the old ones in your garden (seriously)

The charcoal keep just incase you ever need it, like to remove meds after treatment is complete.

I'd use some polishing pads IMO in your other filter because that's probably easier to get to as you'll be changing these often.

Madreefer420 said:
After seeing that I need to find a different filter Media

Makes ya think right? Nasty! Glad I could share my experience with this. This is the reason I kept the AC110.

My first post on your other thread I mentioned I don't see your stock working. It may be true because as soon as you took the one out the jewels colored up, right? And everything in the tank calmed down aggression wise?

Madreefer420 said:
After seeing that I need to find a different filter Media

I always tell everyone on hob not to buy those cheap made filter pad things that are made for the hob. Make your own its cheaper and they last longer. ;) if not forever like a sponge

First, I have chuckled many times. Lol. It seems to me that the aggression has gotten worse with my adult yellow
Lab, Yellow Beard (arrrrr!) and the blue striped is being mean to everyone. I've got the last 30 gallon tank still before this upgrade. What do you suggest I move? I seriously don't know how Mr. Beard has that much energy.

What is everything that's in the tank again?

What size are they in?

Where can you re home them too?

Are they just being mean by chasing or are they ripping fins and stuff?

What is everything that's in the tank again?

What size are they in?

Where can you re home them too?

Are they just being mean by chasing or are they ripping fins and stuff?

Right now everyone is in a 60 gallon tank. I have the old 30 gallon tank before this one that I can set up again, but it has a gravel bed (not my favorite after the aragonite). They all range from one inch up to 2-2 1/2, which is Mr. Beard. They all chase each other around but no fins are missing. Do you have any clue what my brown one's are?

3 mystery snails (Gary 1, 2, & 3)
3 yellow labs (1 adult, 2 juveniles)
4 rainbow/jewel
2 acei
2 auratus
1 moori
1 bumblebee
2 I have no clue, I think they are hybrids, they are silvery brown, brown striped, yellow/orange colored fins, sometimes they go a lite silver/blue with no stripes
2 blue elongatus? blue/dark blue stipes

I think if I remember right I said that because the bees get to big to be in there imo. Anyways if I had to seperate them it would look more like this

Bumble bee
Kenyi or blue ones
Auratus

Different tank
The mixed one aka yellow lab that I've never seen look like that lol
Acei
Jewels

The stock may work if you just leave out the Auratus. If your bee turns into a male this tank is gonna have some problems in the long run

This is the biggest one I have the tank. Just kidding!

Attachments

• 423088_2749249372638_1299705423_32457364_1865601122_n.jpg
    423088_2749249372638_1299705423_32457364_1865601122_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
Lol. Thanks. Mr. Beard always looks like he has five o'clock shadow and has just crawled in from a night on the town.

AprilMartinez said:
Right now everyone is in a 60 gallon tank. I have the old 30 gallon tank before this one that I can set up again, but it has a gravel bed (not my favorite after the aragonite). They all range from one inch up to 2-2 1/2, which is Mr. Beard. They all chase each other around but no fins are missing. Do you have any clue what my brown one's are?

3 mystery snails (Gary 1, 2, & 3)
3 yellow labs (1 adult, 2 juveniles)
4 rainbow/jewel
2 acei
2 auratus
1 moori
1 bumblebee
2 I have no clue, I think they are hybrids, they are silvery brown, brown striped, yellow/orange colored fins, sometimes they go a lite silver/blue with no stripes
2 blue elongatus? blue/dark blue stipes

The moorii and bee get really big and shouldn't be in there imo.
The jewels are african river fish not lake fish and I can see them getting beat up. With your stock you have aggressive to almost highly aggressive lake Malawi african Cichlids. If they was mild aggressive I would say it may work except the big two. Africans are not easy to stock ask the con he will tell you. When the bee hits the 4" marker he will start being mean if its a male the female is less aggressive imo. The others will start when they get to the 2.5 size that's why when you stock them you should try adding all the same size ones in at the same size.

What like you just use a roll of floss? How do you sit it in the sump? Right now I use socks they clog every day since I upgraded from like 800gph To like 1500 its kinda slowing down and not clogging so fast but 1 sock is not enough and when I putt the filter pad in a baffle it it slows water way to much

Back
Top Bottom