Tell me about Golden Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it is early for these guys but they seem to have paired off.. 2 have big spots and the other 2 look more plain... They have paired off so that each pair has a big spot one and a plain one.... :O)

Male German Blues usually have a bigger completely black spot on thier side. As where females have a smaller black spot with blue speeks (sp??)in thier spot. (Does that make any since? :lol: )

ya makes sense... :) Thanks!

Update: it is looking more and more like i have two pairs.... might have to start shopping for condo tanks for those pairs.. :)

haha ya I was looking there today... I think I saw a 'wanted' add for a specific fish from Tortis.. :)

Closer inspection of my rams and they are starting to match that description. .The ones that I have tagged as females are starting to have colorful blue dots on them. The males always show their spikes in their dorsal fin with black coloring...

The 4 rams still are doing great.. Thanks again everyone for your info and encouragement..

They are one of my favorites in my tank.

Mooooose

one of the rams has started to get alot of red coloring around its mouth and on its fin's (color not a health issue or anything like that) depending on its mood it sometimes shows even more red.

mooooose

Sounds like they are coloring up nicely!! One day you really need to stop by for a long fish chat--feel free to bring the kids! We can compare rams and plecos :wink:

Back
Top Bottom