Tell me about Golden Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have wood in the aquarium? My rams and Apistos hide in and around the wood and fake plants. If you haven't gone the wood route, little caves or aquarium approved flower pots would be the way to go. Personally, I would add all 6 in and let them figure it out. With lots of hiding areas (I would give them places to hide in QT), they should be fine.

So, you'll be at Pisces at 10 tomorrow?? My fiance is still disappointed he didn't get to go yesterday, so we are either going back tonight or tomorrow.

I have to do something from 9.15 til 10.30 so hopefully I can find my way over there after that.. Going to be a crazy weekend but I am still going to try to squeeze in a trip over there. (fingers crossed..)

I have driftwood in there and few other things but I will need to think of more hiding spots in the main 58g tank once they get moved in there.. :)

If they are small you can probably get away with the 6. I did that with some small angels (same concept, wound up with 2 pairs) and did not experience a bio-overload.

I am excited for you! Get on down there and then post some pics.

It's times like this that I realize that I am not a patient person. I wish I could go right after work today.. Or even NOW! :0)

Go!!!!
You're not patient!?!--I am ready to go get them and drop them off for you!! You must get them tomorrow. The sooner you get them, the sooner you can enjoy them.

Sure, but at the moment, they will be delivered to my QT tank, unless an address is given :lol:

I see "Go Flames Go" is out of your system and replaced with "GO FISH GO!!"

If you see some nut looking at flounders and running over to the Badis tank--it's me :wink: We rented a movie and had Chinese take out this evening and I still owe Trevor a trip to a LFS!

Those big flounders/rays? or the little fresh water flounder/sole's? I'm the tall stressed out guy... haha

Well the good news is I have 4 of the Rams in my posession.. They look great so far.. The bad news is I had a water all over the floor when I got home so I have to do some rearanging.. :) Wish me luck...

The freshwater flounder--not the stingrays!! I was there this afternoon and we bought Mollies to provide live foods for the flounders and 2 more Badis. I also held some mice, a gerbil and a dwarf hampster. Trevor and I are considering the gerbil. I need to ask myself if I am an animal collector first.

I hope the flounder works out for you. I had one and he didn't last long.. Is it in sand substrate? I ended up getting the Hillstream loach a few months later because I thought the flounder was so cool but I didn't want to get another one that wouldn't be happy. My hillstream has been with me for 7 months and I think he is great.. :)

Congrats on the rams! Dare I ask about the water on the floor... (every fishkeeper's nightmare - my python broke yesterday at the ball valve and it was during the filling phase, so you would be amazed at how much water can get all over the floor before you can get to the tap!)

Menagerie- how do you have your badis set up? My LFS has some badis badis that have recently caught my eye, and I currently have tons of wee fry that my other fish have decided not to eat. Would work out well for me! I have an empty 15gal but don't know if that is appropriate.

I won't go in to details about the water right now I am grumpy.. :)

I would love to get 4 more of these rams.. I am ram crazy right now they are doing really well right now and I hope they will be ok.. :)

Thanks all that replied to this thread and supported me. I am very excited!!!! I will try to post pics once they are all settled in.. :)

Menagerie- how do you have your badis set up?
They are in a 10 gal hex tank. There is real wood and a giant fake plant. Tank mates include 5 pigmy cats and a currently very small Rubber Lip pleco. Articles that I have found helpful:
http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Other/Badis/Badis_badis_badis.htm
http://www.mn-aquarium.org/masart54.htm

Most say they only eat live foods, but I weaned them off BBS to frozen brine shrimp and they like frozen blood worms. Mine are quick eaters :p

Moose--go get 4 more rams. You know you want to!

Back
Top Bottom