Temp at 86 and heater off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedDevil83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think the uv filter Is giving off heat along with lighting... any suggestions? I think I have a bum thermostat honestly, the water feels colder than what it should be.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Filters generate heat also. In the summer my heaters never come on

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah it is pretty hot here in cali, and humid.

See, my tank equipment heats up my room to around 85, but the tanks still stay at a casual 70... A little bit too cold. I had to go get some more heating syrems. So now i have to balance out the use of filters, lights, and heater, (oh and all the gecko stuff) with my tiny little fan so that my room isn't baking... But I'm warm in winter!

And sweating as i sleep in summer... Why did they have to go in the bedroom!?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Lol, it's getting hard for me to balance the temp,also I think I need a digital thermometer, I have a uv defuser going, the pump for filtration, and of course lighting, the heater I turned all the way down, my thing is that I'm using the defuser as a second filter and rather not turn it off, but I probably will end up doing that anyway.

Yep, i have:

5 Filters
4 Aquarium Heaters
1 UV Light
1Under-Tank Heat Pad
2 Air Pumps

They make a heck of a lot of heat in an enclosed area, and on top of that i have the most insulated area of the house, no heat escapes... But somehow water temp is low?? Its maaaaaagic.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom