test kit - ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a first! :)

Ha! I thought so too but had to go back and look! Hukit (and you other guys) you know so much that you made me think I was wrong! Who am i to contradict you veterans/ experts. Good laugh! Thanks for that and all the great advice you guys have given me!

3 wks, I appreciate the help too

No prob! You are in the middle of a fish in cycle. Good part is that you have nitrates present so things are moving forward. Continue doing water changes. At this point you should do a water change. Test again. Post your results.

No prob! You are in the middle of a fish in cycle. Good part is that you have nitrates present so things are moving forward. Continue doing water changes. At this point you should do a water change. Test again. Post your results.

Great advice as usual! +1

ok I did another 50% wc this a.m. I just re-tested
ammonia less than .25 but still not completely yellow
nitrite .25
nitrate now between 0 and 5.0 closer to yellow than yellow/orange.,
thanks again

hi guys, my nitrites are down, but so are nitrates, ammonia down too, but still not zero, how much should I change today? ss always, thank you!

ok my readings are pretty much the same as yesterday...
ammonia closer to .25 than zero
nitrite .25
nitrate 0

I added more carbon to the filter, think that will help with ammonia?
thank you

I hope so, but will wait on consensus. My fish are worth the work, I'll do whatever it takes, but I'm tired. =) lesson learned, when I get the 150 gallon, it will be cycled before I put my fish in it.
Thank you!

by the way, I recently added almost double the fish, 15 now at 2.5 to 3.5 except for 3 1 in. mbuna. in a 75 gallon. Once I get this stabilized, how often should I w/c? Thanks again!

With that in a 75, I'd do a 25% water change every few days while keeping an eye on nitrites/ammonia spikes, if they happen, hit a 50% that day. Use Prime as directed, as it's more for the chlorines/chloramines rather than ammonia, etc. good luck and enjoy the fish!!!

by the way, I recently added almost double the fish, 15 now at 2.5 to 3.5 except for 3 1 in. mbuna. in a 75 gallon. Once I get this stabilized, how often should I w/c? Thanks again!

I have more fish than that in my 72 and I change about 1/3 weekly and seems to be good for me. I also run 2 large canister filters though.

thanks to you all, much appreciated! I am really happy with my fish and love to take pictures =)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130626_180413.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130626_180413.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20130626_180455.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130626_180455.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom