Texas disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legendary

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A week ago I had a post about my texas rubbing up against items in the tanks and the response was poor water quality, got all the water parameters tested and came back as being good, fish shop recommended treating for fluke. This isn't helping, did some research on fluke and other diseases and none of them fit what's happening? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

That's your first mistake... you need a proper test kit. Api makes an affordable liquid kit. Your lfs may be cool and all but I wouldn't bank a tank on them.. how often you change water? What's in the tank? How big? How long has it been running??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I took the water in to my local aquarium and he tested everything individually. Tanks two foot has been going couple months, has about nine fish, four r cichlids and the rest little dorys/catfish

Cichlids require very specific water parameters and usually a 4' tank. Please answer my questions as specifically as possible if you want proper help.

Two foot tank tells me that it's 20 gallons of less and it's likely ammonia/nitrates are building up very fast. Which is likely the source of the flashing.

How often do you do water changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You need to be more specific with everything.. like way more specific. 20 questions gets old..

50% weekly with 4 cichlids in a 20 gallon or less is no where nearly enough. You're looking at 35% minimum every 2nd day or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom