Thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMAN1963

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi guys looking forward to meeting everyone.just getting back in the hobby.lot has changed.is granit rock ok in tanks?

Hi TMAN.
I'm not a rock expert. My general rule is, if I pour vinegar on it and it fizzes at all, it's a no go.

If I'm not mistaken, the fizzing just means that it will dissolve over time. I believe limestone will fizz, and that's what holey rock is.

Granite is inert and safe for aquaria

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I'm not mistaken, the fizzing just means that it will dissolve over time. I believe limestone will fizz, and that's what holey rock is.

Granite is inert and safe for aquaria

+1 I am using a nice piece of granite in my 20 gallon. Haven't had any problems and it makes the tank look more "natural"

Sent via echolocation

Hey, I'm just about to start up and I have a load of granite that I picked up for next to nothing... Planned aquascape: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448139464.098847.jpg

Thoughts? I'm planning on moving the large piece slightly further to the right, but other than that pretty happy with the caves and crevices.

Good luck with your setup!

Harry

Back
Top Bottom