The move to africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 males in fact I probably have 3, if not all lol.I know I have at least 2 male red zebras. And probably more than 2 male yellow labs. lol Not on purpose tho.

So another question to post then I'm off for the night.

Catfish?

I'm partial to the featherfins and pictus, but I'm thinking more along the featherfin route. Maybe a few raphaels.

btw, eggspots are a terrible indication of sex. Most of them can be determined by looking at their fins, coloring, and body shape. I've got 3 female bumblebees and two of them have 5-6 egg spots on them lol. I dont see a problem with them. Alot of people house synodontis species with their mbuna, plecos work too

Ok, so no going by egg spots, got it. If I remember well, won't the males, after they are older of course, get the head hump like my SAs do?

I know the synodontis come from the same waters, pretty much anyways. So I figured they should be ok. Glad that has been confirmed. I know the 2 we have in our 120 have no problems with being picked at.

some do, some dont... it varies fish to fish. The only sure fire way is venting, but that takes some serious practice. Once you get your stocking list set in stone, I can tell you what i know of the species you pick, and im sure others will know the ones i dont

Ugh venting?! So not going there. Sounds like a fish violation in the making. Eww

But yeah, I'll keep posting my ideas for stocking, I really want to hear from ya'll that have africans.

Ok, what about my crayfish? Think they would survive? They're doing fine in the 120 with our jewels and JDs but I have to move them, they ate all the plants.

Back
Top Bottom