The new guys set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
IT'S OPEN FOR TIPS AND ADVICE.
Thanks for looking and responding.

Attachments

• image-3057506906.jpg
    image-3057506906.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1331671954.jpg
    image-1331671954.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2696439682.jpg
    image-2696439682.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1541970471.jpg
    image-1541970471.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image-2588229105.jpg
    image-2588229105.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 115
Id please thanks :)

Attachments

• image-2214051255.jpg
    image-2214051255.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 124
IT'S OPEN FOR TIPS AND ADVICE.
Thanks for looking and responding.
Hi, what exactly are you looking for tips and advice on. I think you are doing a good job on your own!!. You have a very nice set-up... What is your plan for stock...
PS.. What is the tank size??

Hi, what exactly are you looking for tips and advice on. I think you are doing a good job on your own!!. You have a very nice set-up... What is your plan for stock...
PS.. What is the tank size??

Hey, thanks man I appreciate that. It's a 55 gallons , not looking into really stocking the tank to much I was hoping this guy I have is a male. That way I can got out and buy me some females and get them to breed. Not looking to sell sort of looking to see if I can breed some cool looking fish.

Advice wise, all advice is better that none. That's the way I see it. Especially on how to keep too keep water extremely clear. I'm 2 water changes in to the process and the water is still cloudy.
I tried shutting the light and not feeding them to much at once. But no luck. Any tips?

Hey, thanks man I appreciate that. It's a 55 gallons , not looking into really stocking the tank to much I was hoping this guy I have is a male. That way I can got out and buy me some females and get them to breed. Not looking to sell sort of looking to see if I can breed some cool looking fish.

Advice wise, all advice is better that none. That's the way I see it. Especially on how to keep too keep water extremely clear. I'm 2 water changes in to the process and the water is still cloudy.
I tried shutting the light and not feeding them to much at once. But no luck. Any tips?
On the fish, sorry i can't help you on that, not familiar with that fish. I'm sure others will help you out there.. On the water, i might be able to. Are you currently cycling the tank??. What type of filter are you running

I'm running 2 50-75 gallon Fluval 5 stage filters. The ones the hang in the back

I'm running 2 50-75 gallon Fluval 5 stage filters. The ones the hang in the back
Ok, don't bother with the carbon, replace with Seachem Purigen. Only use carbon for removing Meds or odors.. If possible, put some filter floss in there. This will remove even the tinyest particles, it will help polish your water.. I use cheap bed pillows($1-$2). Remove the floss, rinse in old tank water and your sorted..
You don't need to do this now but in the future, consider using Seachem Matrix instead of the regular noodles. More bb can grow on these, which is always good!!...
PS... I don't work for Seachem.....honest!!

Ok, don't bother with the carbon, replace with Seachem Purigen. Only use carbon for removing Meds or odors.. If possible, put some filter floss in there. This will remove even the tinyest particles, it will help polish your water.. I use cheap bed pillows($1-$2). Remove the floss, rinse in old tank water and your sorted..
You don't need to do this now but in the future, consider using Seachem Matrix instead of the regular noodles. More bb can grow on these, which is always good!!...
PS... I don't work for Seachem.....honest!!

Lol ok cool I always wondered what the carbon did. I'm decently going to replace it on my next maintenance. Thanks a lot man.

What kind of tank set up do you have?

Lol ok cool I always wondered what the carbon did. I'm decently going to replace it on my next maintenance. Thanks a lot man.

What kind of tank set up do you have?
It's a 55g community, with the usual suspects, platies, mollies, Columbian tetra's, guppies(in separate 10g for breeding).. Oh and a pair of Kribensis, i say a pair, they always seem to fight.. Still trying to figure out if they are male+female!!!. Have some pics in my Albums...
My dream is to have a cichlid set-up like Convicts. Check his out.....stunning!!!

The tank looks pretty clear to me in the pictures. How is it cloudy? Also how long has lithe tank been set up? What's your maintenance schedule like?

I'm thinking it's a bacteria bloom from cleaning way.to much. So I need the answers to the above questions ^^

Otherwise the tank looks good if it was mms I'd make a couple stacks of some rocks

Back
Top Bottom