There are more idiots out there.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DARK Jak

Aquarium Advice Freak
just to show how dumb some people can be my parents went and bought 2 tinfoil barbs and put them with 2 jack dempsies 2 jewel cichlids a convict pair and about 10 half grown babys of theirs. :D :) :( :cry: :crazyeyes: big nono :nono:

Sounds more like they're uninformed than unintelligent; have you pointed out to the that the barbs won't be lasting too long?

Oh come now DARK Jak,
it won't stay peaceful forever and then you can say "I told you so!".
Ignorance and stupidity are easily confused but ignorance is curable :wink:

now they think i dont know ANYTHING about fish because the tinfoils are allright and this didnt happen yet. :slurp:

if you want to see its not a very good picture but it shows one of the tinfoils swimming umung convicts and a jack dempsey. just check my gallery.

mistakes will be made,,,, others will be blamed. it would take ALOT more than a few fish for me to call my parents dumb and if i did call them dumb ... than that means they werent thinking when they had me...... so im ,,,also,,,,, hmmmmmm

Want to talk about idiots, my brother and sister-in-law went to the lfs (their very first tank) and they were asking about compatibility and the saleswoman sold them 2 brackish puffers, a Jack Dempsey, another misc SA cichlid, neons, pictus cats, a very aggressive banded something, and clown loaches. Then they went back after banded fish ate all the other fish and they sold them a gourami, two jewels, and a male auratus. AUGH! Then they take their frustration out on me.

well, if the barbs last, they will get very large. and they have thick thick scales, so they could be a nice addition

I would imagine the barbs would not last but, i have heard of cases of keeping sa cichlid with tinfiol barbs due to their large adult size and unsualy shpae which makes it hard to be swallowed. I have a freidn who has kept tinfiol barbs with oscar and JD and convicts but he has a large large tank. It porbably wont work out though.

JMHO

the tinfoils are doing fine they have been in there for about 3 weeks now. and the cichlids dont seem to be noticing them.

a friend put feeder glodfish in a tank of cichlids, arowanas, and catfish. They were able to survive the hostile environment and are now as large as the cichlids!

:lol: its funny they say some fish cant be together that they will tear eachother apart but they live just fine. :D 8O :D

I have kept all kinds of fish with convicts. Demseys, green terrors, piranhas...

The convicts are extremely aggressive. Almost always the dominant fish in my tanks. Granted sometime my piranha would eventually get beat up to the point that they ate the convicts.

Tin-foil barbs are pretty large usually. Maybe they will be ok. Its hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom