They've done it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, my angels have decided to spawn once again. They used the same spawn location, the intake tube.

This time, I was able to watch the activity when it first started, which was some time Friday evening. They began carefully "cleaning" the tube. I noticed that every now and then, they would peck at plants and then go back to the tube. Just wondering if there is a connection?

Saturday, more "cleaning" of the tube but I was in for a nice surprise. I was able to see both fishs' breeding tubes distended :). They completed their task last evening and as of this morning, all is well.

Tank stats

ph. 7.0
temp - 81d
Last water change - Last Sunday afternoon

Tank is due for a water change and deep gravel vac today. I really don't want to change the environment for the eggs sake.

Are you planning on moving these eggs out? Didn't the last ones get eatten? Oh and congrats gramps!

Thanks for asking but once again, they spawned without me having a separate location to move the eggs to. Since they are doing well with their parenting skills so far, I wanna see what happens.

Ummm...I did take a pic of the female...wanted to show the breeding tube. Please forgive the excessive light but I think it was worth it. :)

sep252005004.jpg

That is so awesome to see a pic with a breeding tube. I haven't ever seen one, both my angels are male. LOL

Thinks JC may be suffering from some bodily injuries if he doesn't get wife a bigger replacement tank for suggesting using hers. :lol:

What other fish are in the tank with the angelfish? If your profile is up to date it might be possible that the angelfish are stressed by the presence of other fish and that causes them to eat the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom