Thinking of oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeldmansFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
in the future I may be getting a tiger Oscar. In the meantime, I need to get another and bigger tank, filter, ect. Any suggestions? Also what tank size should I be looking at? I think I'm obsessed with this hobby lol

What about tankmates; or am I stocked completely? I have a thing for my plecos

If you want tank mates, get something larger than a 75g. Look into a 5-6 foot tank.

If it were me i would get a 125 gallon or larger tank. Oscars are messy and a 75 would get dirty way too quickly. The larger tank wont mean you can slack on waterchanges, but nitrates wont spike as quickly. Also you will have room for more fish of the oscar doesnt kill them.

Yes 125g is perfect. Obviously bigger is better.then comes to the filter.I'll say canister filter is best but u can use HOB or top filter too. I have a 75g tank and have a top filter in it. My water remain crystal clear with 2 oscar.my top filter powerhead filter 2500gph. Now come to tank mates. See oscar is semi aggresive cichlid and if from juvenile state u keep him in community it will never harm.the advantage of bigger tank is every fish gets lots of space for their own territory.so possibility of attack or fight decreases.hope this info help

Back
Top Bottom