tiger oscar or african ciclids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok for my 75 gallon tank I would like to either get around 15 african ciclids or 1 tiger oscar . Which do you guys prefer and why?

Brian

hard choice, I have 2 tanks because I could't decide between my two faves ( peacocks and jack dempseys) =) I've never owned one myself, but have read again and again that oscars are all personality, a doggy in a tank lol good luck w your decision

Ok for my 75 gallon tank I would like to either get around 15 african ciclids or 1 tiger oscar . Which do you guys prefer and why?

Brian

Oscar!!!

Lets see. Idk i guess you could call me racist when it comes to my fish. I just do NOT like africans at all. I like buterkoferi and thats about it. Maybe shellies. Do an oscar or two when they are small. Or one oscar And a couple silver dollars and a pleco

I am following. I have an empty tank and am trying to decide which to do. I do love the look of a streamlined mbuna tank but some of the NW cichlids are so gorgeous...too hard to decide!

Brian

I would do mbuna and peacocks, to me, its a waste of tank space with one single fish in a tank, especially in a 75g.

In my 75g i have 18 mbuna, afra, and peacocks, and one blue cray, and it just pops with all the colors plus you get lots of tank activity, instead of just one lathergic fish. I'm anti-oscar, and i apologize in advance for anyone i offend, but i just dont see why anyone would want one, theyre just so bland and non-entertaining, plus you cant have any tank mates becayse theyll kill anything you put in it, yeah sure maybe a pleco and some kind of tetra, IMO if you want that just paint the back of your tank black and add a few peices of drift wood and fake plants, add no fish at all, and have people look for the fish in the tank. it would LITERALLY be the some effect of having ONE oscar in there.

Africans are they way to go in that size of tank IMO if you had a 125g or something large, go for oscars i guess, i dont know how many you could have in it without a bloodbath, but in a 75g, it would be a waste of tank.

Im going to go with the tiger oscar, THANKS EVERYBODY!!! :)
You guys really helped with my decision.
Thanks again
Brian

My dad fell off the ladder yesterday. Pretty funny. He's ok. Haha. Thought I'd share.

Ps.... Oscar!!

Back
Top Bottom